General Data Notes
Search results are presented in small groups of rows. Results can be sorted in alphabetical or numerical order by double clicking on the column heading.
"Pay Year" or "Report Year" represents the years for which salary data is provided. When the data cover a budgeting period that crossed two years, the final year is listed; for example, education salaries for the 2008-09 school year are assigned a "Pay Year" of 2009, while data for the 2007-08 school year are assigned to 2008. For the date range specific to each data set, see unit specific data notes.
For payroll data notes, click one of the following branch/major category: State Government (Executive, Judicial, Legislative), City of New York, Public Authorities, Schools, Cities, Counties, Special Districts, Towns and Villages.
For pension data notes, click one of the following pension system names: NYS Employees Retirement System, NYS Teachers Retirement System, NYS Police and Fire Retirement System, NYC Employees Retirement System, NYC Teachers Retirement System, NYC Board of Education Retirement System, NYC Police Pension Fund, NYC Fire Department Pension Fund.
(1) For payrolls, pay "rate" data represent base pay only, not including overtime and other extras.
(2) For payrolls, the "Total" column shows total pay for each data set's specified time period.
(3) Due to classification practices, the pay rates of some full-time employees are reported on a biweekly basis. Multiply biweekly amounts by 26 to estimate full-year base pay.
(4) Some payrolls have an extra pay period for certain years. Therefore, the individuals on these payrolls might have pay that is slightly higher than what they would have normally made.
(5) Data not reported by Agency or Area is represented by a blank field or "NDR" in search results.