New York State and Local Retirement System Data Notes
The New York State Employees Retirement System and New York State Police and Fire Retirement System data, as provided by the state comptroller's office, includes names, gross benefit rates (based on the option the retiree selected), retirement dates and last known employers when available for every individual who was collecting benefits in the fiscal years ending March 31, 2013, March 31, 2012, March 31, 2011, and March 31, 2010.
(1) The state comptroller's office provided the 2011-2012 and 2013-14 data as a single monthly maximum benefit amount. This data was multiplied by 12 to get the approximate annual benefit. This data does not account for those eligible to receive a cost of living adjustment in September.
(2) NYSLRS data reflects information that is current as of a particular point in time in the NYSLRS database:
- FY2014 data reflects information current in the NYSLRS database on 5/5/14.
- FY2013 data reflects information current in the NYSLRS database on 4/24/13.
- FY2012 data reflects information retrieved from the NYSLRS 2012 actuarial file.
- FY2011 data reflects information retrieved from the NYSLRS 2011 actuarial file.
- FY2010 data reflects information current in the NYSLRS database on 4/13/10.